jueves, 18 de marzo de 2010


Wolfli describes himself as equaling ore even surprassing God in the quintessentially divine act of cosmic creation, as when he describes blowing into a "Horn of Omnipotence" that was lent to him bay God: "Oh Miracle and, Ravishment: Oh Splendor, Marvelous! Not only Myriaads! [sic] No!! Many Oberons of Sstaars [sic] ...and fragments of universe flew out of this horn in the direction of the South"

nota: "Oberon" es un neologismo de Wolfli para hablar del más alto de todos los números.

"But in order not to lose my way in the narrative" he writes, "I march right back to St Johannsen, and sit down at the table in an office decorated especially for me, take a lighted Havana to my lips and fill my jug full of beer so that I might tell the next chapter most exctly" At times he refers to himself as a "patient of Waldau [clinic]" or even a "candidate for the looney-bin" who devotes himself to the "madman's pastime" of mere fantasizing.

nota: las citas están sacadas de una conferencia de Luis A. Ssas (Rutgers University) Algo así como un fenomenólogo de la locura.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario